What I See in 2024

 As we are approaching the end of the year, I would like to make a couple predictions of what I think is going to be trending in the woodworking community next year.  

Sustainable woods are in

In the year 2024, I see woodworkers like me, leaning into more sustainable options when it comes to wood. I am talking about FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) certified lumber as well as reclaimed and salvaged wood. The use of these woods by crafters and hobby builders can help the preservation of our forests and natural habitats while also reducing our overall carbon footprint.

Natural woods

In 2024 people are trading in white paint for stain. Maybe this is just hopeful thinking after going off about painting wood furniture in my last post, but I do see more and more people adding natural wood elements into their homes. I follow this designer on Instagram who is all about wood tones in kitchens and I am all for it!

Warm wood tones

Don’t get me wrong, white oak is still very popular, especially amongst the younger generations, but I see dark tones making a comeback in 2024. There is something so special about dark woods. Although this does not go with my first prediction of sustainability because dark woods are usually hard woods that are expensive and not very eco-friendly to source, I do think that the richness in dark woods is going to start warming up to designers this coming year.

These predictions are based solely on my own personal opinions of what I have been leaning more towards recently along with the small community of DIYers I follow on social media platforms.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Impact Drill vs Regular Drill

A Review of the Kreg Pocket Hole Jig

What If Woodworking Was the Key to Education?